Standing up for Durham
- Joel has worked as a paramedic for more than twelve years. During that time, he has found fulfillment in providing high–quality care to those in need.
- He is an advocate for patients and workers; volunteering his time as the Durham Health Coalition's co–chair and Durham Region Labour Council's 1st vice–president.
- Joel believes in strong public services and has taken leadership roles in several community campaigns focused on protecting and enhancing those services.
- As a paramedic on the frontlines, Joel has seen firsthand the devastating effects of Conservative and Liberal cuts on healthcare and families.
- He grew up in Courtice and he continues to reside in the Municipality of Clarington with his wife Amanda and their son, Liam.